Let’s face it, cannabis gummies have taken the recreational marijuana world by storm. Every dispensary you’ll visit will have a line of these sweet and soft treats that would instantly bring you back to those Halloween nights as a kid. And while space cakes and cookies are still a go-to for edible lovers, gummies have become the hip option that people tend to gravitate to. Now, if you’re one of those who enjoy these gummy treats, you’ve probably wondered at one point how they are made. And in this short article, we’ll introduce to you a simple recipe that you can add to your cooking repertoire.
Raw cannabis on its own won’t get you high. And in order for the plant’s known effects to kick in, it needs to go through a process called decarboxylation. Simply put, it’s heating the buds up to a temperature of 245°F (118°C) to activate those precious cannabinoids.
Once the buds are decarbed, you can now infuse them into your ingredient of choice. But since we’re making edible gummies, oil is the medium of choice here. To do this, simply mix your decarbed cannabis and oil and simmer that in a saucepan for up to three hours. Finish it off by straining the mixture using cheesecloth to isolate the plant material.
Making Cannabis Gummies
With your cannabis-infused oil, you can now start making your gummies. First, here are the tools you’ll need:
- Half a cup of cannabis-infused oil
- A pack of flavored jello of your choice
- A tablespoon and a half of unflavored gelatin powder
- Half a teaspoon of soy lecithin
- A cup of cold water
- Mixing bowl
- Medium saucepan
- Squeeze bottle
- Gummy mold
And here’s what you’ll do:
- Into the saucepan, pour in the infused oil, lecithin, and water. Put that mixture over low heat and stir constantly.
- Add both the flavored jello and unflavored gelatin into the mix. Continue stirring lightly for up to 15 minutes until you see a more consistent texture. By this time, the oil should have already melted and been completely infused into the mixture.
- Once you have the consistency you’re looking for, you can now pour them into your gummy molds to allow them to take shape. You can also use a squeeze bottle if you prefer a more controlled pour.
- Freeze your mixture to allow the gummies to take shape. Leave it in there for at least half an hour for the best results.
- Enjoy and share it around.
As you can see, it’s a rather simple process you can very much do in your kitchen. Give it a try sometime!
Tasty Cannabis Gummies For the Busy Bodies
Now, if you don’t have the time to make your own batch of gummies, you can purchase some products from us at Cannazon. What sets us apart from most weed shops is that we will deliver your orders within the hour. Who doesn’t want that convenience? For more information on our products and delivery service, check out our website.